Thursday, February 08, 2007

1 month well baby visit

Today I took Avery for her 1 month well baby check. She is 5 weeks old today. She weighed 8 lbs 13.5 oz (40%) and measured 20 1/4 inches (25%)....looks like she's gonna be short like me!

Still struggling with some constipation but the new plan is to use a glycerin suppository to clean things out and then start with some diluted pear juice twice a day. Not really thrilled about giving her juice, or any extra sugar for that matter, but I know she's uncomfortable and ya gotta do what ya gotta do! We've tried light Karo and dark Karo with no effect....I guess the juice is atleast a little more natural than the sugar Karo. I hope I don't end up with a baby that is addicted to sugar! Please pray that she becomes more regular and that her stools are softer...I'm hoping we can get things going and then stop using the juice or Karo.

Otherwise, Dr. Earle said she looks great and is very healthy! He did say that since she is so easy going and not demanding that I still need to wake her to eat every 3 hours during the day and still let her sleep as long as she will at night. He said that we can push the feedings further apart after her 2 month visit but for now we still need to feed her every 3 hours during the day.

Just for my records:

* she is currently taking 2-4 ounces of soy formula at 7:30am, 10:30am, 1:30pm, 4:30pm, 7:30pm, 10:30pm, and then somewhere between 3-3:30am

* She is able to lift her head and rotate it from side to side during tummy time

* She is able to track and object held in front of her

* She still like her Nuk pacis but she does not have to have them to sleep

* We are laying her down while she is still awake and she will occasionally cry but usually just grunts and whines and then she goes to sleep

* She is beginning to smile in response to either my smile or just when we're talking to her

* She is now on Zantac for reflux

* She likes her bath time, especially when I use the sink sprayer and run it over her head and body. We call it her baby spa time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Casey! I just got your comment on my blog! So good to hear from you! Your Avery is cute as bug! Makes me so ready to see the newest addition to our family! Children are just amazing! You will love being a mom, I am sure you already do! I saw you guys are Colts fans, so are we! And for the same reason, Peyton. The play offs and Super Bowl were nuts around here! Anyway, it's so good to see how great you are doing and we will have to stay in touch! I would give you the link to our family web site, but it is password protected so I would rather send it to your e-mail. So if you'd like you can send your address to me through Blogger. I checked out your web site as well and it's really cute! I'll check back often to see how things are!